Archive of ‘Research’ category
The 14 Parameters
- Shared beliefs and Understandings
- Each student can achieve high standards, given the right time and the right support.
- Each teacher can teach to high standards, given the right assistance.
- High expectations and early and ongoing intervention are essential.
- Teachers and administrators need to be able to articulate what they do and why they teach the way they do.
- Embedded Literacy/ Instructional Coaches
- Daily, Sustained Focus on Literacy Instruction
- Principal Leadership
- Early and Ongoing Intervention
- Case Management Approach: a) Data Walls, b) Case by Case Meetings
- Professional Learning at School Staff Meetings
- In-school Grade/ Subject Meetings
- Centralised Resources
- Commitment of District and School Budgets for Literacy Learning and Resources
- Action Research/ Collaborative Inquiry
- Parental and Community Involvement
- Cross-Curricular Connections
- Shared Responsibility and Accountablility
Literacy and Numeracy Interventions in the Early Years of Schooling